Tuesday, January 17, 2006

So, you want to be a musician?

Ironically, I've never thought of myself as the creative type, but have always been considered extremely creative. It is all a matter of perspective I guess... but not really. I am a creative thinker when it comes to finding solutions to difficult problems. I'm a logical person and think much like a computer does; "If THIS than THAT, else THE OTHER THING". Although that is creative, it is only half along the continuum of creativity in my opinion.

What I've come to learn as I get more into music theory and learning how to read, and play music is that the term "artist" is truly the utmost degree of being creative. It is at the end of a continuum with brain dead being at the lowest end. To be able to visualize the auditory arrangement of sounds that creative a mood that emotionaly impacts another human is the ultimate in creative expression. I have a profound respect for musicians as I go through the motion of making believe that I can someday make music.

I hope you'll listen to my upcoming podcast (the low end of the continuum). I also hope you take the time to visit the Podsafe Music Network and listen to some of the greatest creative musical minds in the world. The purity of the music there is astounding, and the quality is better than most commercialized recordings that you can hear on your normal FM dial.

Here's a link to musical paradise. Podsafe Music Network

So, you still want to be a musician?

No comments: