Monday, March 13, 2006

Josephine, sometimes you are as Cold as Ice giving me a Sleepless Lullaby

Josephine, sometimes you are as Cold as Ice giving me a Sleepless Lullaby

For those of you paying attention, the title of my posts are made up from the titles of the songs I play. But the title also mirrors my life as well. My Mom, Josephine, is a widow, is very sick, but stubborn as hell. She insists on living by herself 30 min away from me. My brother and sister not only live further away than I do, but they make little effort to help out. So, lately I have had many sleepless nights bringing her back and forth from the hospital, spending entire days in the emergency room, begging her to move closer to a place she can be taken care of... while all along being subjected to some of the best Italian guilt and screaming a 75 yr old woman could deliver. My music helps me deal with this torture. Enjoy

Regular MP3 version: Listen to the show!

Enhanced MP4 version: Listen to the enhanced show!

Featured Podcast Song #1: U-Turn Cafe by C.C. Chapman

Ernie Van Veen, singer/songwriter: Sleepless Lullaby

Podshow Music Network Featured Artist
Edwin Derricutt, Cold As Ice


Featured Podcast Song #2: U-Turn Cafe by C.C. Chapman

Darren Gaffre, singer/songwriter: Josephine

Guitars In The News
Acoustic Guitar Magazine
a. Play Guitar Magazine - A magazine for beginners
b. Wildflower, Sheryl Crow
c. Always On Your Side - Sheryl Crow and Sting

Cool Music Toys -gadgets for ipod, computer loving musicians
a. iRocker by Talking Panda - A must have resource for any guitar player... right on your iPod!
b. Gpal by GarageBand.com - A really cool way to get automatic, FREE, independant artist music delivered right to your MP3 player

Torture Me - Listen In As My Guitar Gently Weeps, and you do too.
a. Neil Diamond - Song Sung Blue - Sit back and enjoy one of your favorite songs being tortured by me!
b. The Beatles - When I'm Sixty Four - An example of reading tablature by someone who is clueless to reading tablature and a rendition of the song that will have you kicking your dog!

Closing Comments/Sign-off

No comments: